January 9, 2015
If you don’t.want to call an emergency electrical service for any electrical emergencies, then you must keep all your electrical stuff in and around the home in tip-top shape. You don’t need to know everything about electricity to know how to be safe with your electric stuff in your home. It is important to know all the electrical safety tips for your home to ensure the safety of your family. Here are some of those tips:
It is important to do routine checks to all your electrical appliances to cords that are loose or even broken. If there is something wrong on the cord, then it is best to take it to a repairman for repairs. Don’t try to fix the cord yourself, especially if you don’t know much about electricity. This will ensure that no one in your family shocks on broken cords.
Another big mistake that people are doing in their homes is that they don’t think about the safety of extension cords. There are many people that are putting too much plugs onto one extension. Then the extension gets hot and it can result in a fire or someone getting shocked. You need to be aware of how many plugs you are inserting into a single extension cord. Don’t ever overloading your extension cords. Not even if the extension cord is brand new.
Outlets and switches
Another electrical checkup regular is to double your outlets and switches of any damage or cables that are coming loose or damage. Outlets and switches are the places in a home where the most harm can come from. And, this is the place that we are checking for damage the least. We just use the outlets over and over again without checking for damage or any electrical hazards. But, the fact is that this is the one thing that needs checking very often. Our children are also using outlets and switches all the time.
Electrical appliances and wet hands
This isn’t a good combination. Not at all! Never uses electrical appliances when your hands are wet. This will be asking for trouble. Always makes sure that your hands are dry when working with electricity. You also need to keep all the cords and plugs of your electrical appliances dry. This is for certain the most dangerous thing that you can do when it comes to electricity. Electricity and water don’t mix very well.
It can happen to all of us. Electrical fires do happen and the worst thing that you can do when you are having an electrical fire is to try to put the fire out with water. The only correct way of extinguish a fire that are caused by electricity is using your fire extinguisher. You must remember to do regular
maintenance on the fire extinguisher to make sure that it is in a working order for when you might need to put out a fire.
You need to be careful when it comes to electricity and you shouldn’t try to repair appliances if you don’t have any knowledge about electricity. Then the best option will be to call in the 24 hour emergency electrical service, to do the maintenance of electrical appliances if you don’t know much about it.